Planning a Marquee Wedding or Event?
Planning a marquee wedding or event may be daunting – but don’t worry! – we have the experience and desire to help you create the setting for your special day. To assist you in the early stages of planning we have created the following questions, checklists and guides:
Selecting the right size and configuration marquee for your event can be determined by considering the following:
• How many guests do I want to provide for?
• Will guests be standing or sitting?
• Will I be using long tables or round tables?
• What size tables and what type of chairs will I use?
• Will I have a Head Table for the bridal party?
• Will I need a dance floor of staging platform?
• Will I need additional space for buffet tables, a bar, a DJ or band?
• What space is available on-site for the marquee?
• What particular ‘look’ or style of marquee appeals to you most?
To help you figure out the right size marquee allowing for the above, see our Marquee Capacity Guide.
To select particular styles of marquees we have available, please scroll down further or ‘click’ on any of the following:
Electron Marquee – Clipframe Marquee – Springtop Marquee – Gazebo – Stretch Tent.
Marquee Location / Venues:
Marquees can be erected almost anywhere, so long as the site is relatively flat and the ground is stable. Marquees can even be erected on hard surfaces such as concrete or decking by using structural hold-down fixings. The following needs to be considered when selecting a suitable site:
• Marquee on private property – Space available, location of power, drainage and other underground services.
• Marquee on public property (reserves etc.) – apply to the Local Authority for a consent to use the space.
• Commercial marquee venues – refer to Wedding Locations tab for a list of our favourite venues and locations.
• Will the electricity supply be adequate and safe??
• Will toilet facilities be adequate and easily accessible for the number of guests? Will I need Portaloos?
• Is the site relatively flat?
• Will I need heating facilities for the marquee?
• Will I need a flooring product over the grass?
• What lighting options will I use inside the marquee?
• Do I need to consider outdoor lighting?
• How will I orientate the marquee to maximise best use of the site, views etc.?
• How will I decorate the marquee?
• Do I need a Building Consent?
Think pole marquee, think Electron. The Electron has the elegance of a traditional pole marquee with the superior performance of a fully engineered tensile membrane. Dress it up with a romantic Silkline Lining for a wedding or use without a lining at a trade show or festival event.
These modern marquees are fully engineered and manufactured for optimum performance in challenging weather conditions. They incorporate many features that dramatically improve their resistance to wind and their weatherproof qualities are well proven.
Our Electron Marquees are available in the following sizes:
9mtr x 9mtr 9mtr x 12mtr 9mtr x 15mtr
9mtr x 18mtr 9mtr x 21mtr 9mtr x 24mtr
9mtr x 27mtr 9mtr x 30mtr 9mtr x 33mtr
9mtr x 36mtr
Walls are available in white and clear – eave height is 2.1mtrs.
For superb elegance, all our Electron Marquees can be fitted with a Silkline silk lining – either as a ceiling drape only or for a complete transformation to all white walls, centre poles wall poles and the ceiling.
Deciding how you will set up your tables and chairs, dance floor and so on can sometimes be a challenge. To help you we have developed some layout options that have worked for others in the past. You may come up with a variation that works well for you – if so, please send it to us – we’d love to add it to our library. For Electron seating guide ideas, click here.
The Clipframe Marquee comes into its own when space is limited. Featuring a hip roof, modular aluminium frame and your choice of white and / or clear walls – the Clipframe Marquee has no centre poles or guide ropes – maximising the space available.
The Clipframe Marquee was invented and patented in 1986 and since its release it has earned a reputation for high quality and is proven to be the fastest erecting marquee in the business.
Designed for flexibility the Clipframe Marquee can be erected on both sealed and unsealed surfaces as a permanent or semi-permanent installation. The Clipframe Marquee can be attached to the Electron Marquee to increase floor area or to create separate spaces. It is fully engineered for building consent purposes.
Our Clipframe Marquees are available in the following sizes:
6mtr x 6mtr 6mtr x 9mtr 6mtr x 12mtr
Walls are available in white or clear – eave height is 2.1mtrs.
For superb elegance, all our Clipframe Marquees can be fitted with Silkline silk linings – either as a ceiling drape only, or for a complete transformation to all white walls, wall poles and ceiling.
Deciding how you will set up your tables and chairs, dance floor and so on can sometimes be a challenge. To help you we have developed some layout options that have worked for others in the past. You may come up with a variation that works well for you – if so, please send it to us – we’d love to add it to our library. For Clipframe seating guide ideas, click here.
The Springtop Marquee features a stylish contemporary peaked roof design – without centre poles. Walls are available in both white and clear.
The Springtop Marquee is often used as an entrance to the larger Electron Marquee, however it is also often used as a stand-alone marquee for small gatherings and celebrations.
Our Springtop Marquee is available in 3mtr x 6mtr size only. Eave height is 2.1mtrs.
Silkline Silk Linings:
For superb elegance, our Springtop Marquee can be fitted with white Silkline ceiling and wall liners.